The Post House Bed and Breakfast is located on the High Street in the village of Ibstock. You will find us in the private courtyard to the left of the Post Office, the hub of village life.
Parts of the main building date back to the early 19th century, although a lot of the original features have been removed over the years, it still has some very nice quirky aspects to the building.
The Old Coach House that also stands in the courtyard has many original features and is our home.
The Post House was known as London House in the late 19th century, and in the early part of the 20th century traded as Pickworths haberdashery. The Post Office was relocated from further down the High Street to Pickworths haberdashery in the early part of the 1900's. In its early days we believe the old GPO telephone exchange was added and Royal Mail began to use the site for the sorting and delivery of mail for Ibstock and surrounding villages.